Natural Acne Solutions: Part 1
For many of us (regardless of age), acne and blemishes are a very real part of life. If you are like me, you have probably tried every product under the sun, including harsh prescriptions, and in my case- a couple infomercial nightmares (I’m looking at you, Proactiv).
Now that I stick to Cruelty-Free lines and natural and organic skin care, my skin has completely turned around in texture, tone and clarity. For those of you who have written to me for natural and cruelty-free acne solutions, this one’s for you!
1. Aura Cacia Organic Rosehip Oil ($12.99): Rosehip Oil contains high levels of linolenic fatty acids, including Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids and Vitamin C and Vitamin A (retinol). The fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants in Rosehip Oil will help generate cell turnover and to repair damaged skin, lessen redness and fade scars and discolorations from acne.
Look out for oils that are Organic and Cold-Pressed. Organic oils are grown without pesticides and Cold-Pressed oils are extracted under low heat so that the plant’s nutrients are not diminished.
To use: rub a few drops (don’t go overboard) of Rosehip Oil over your face after cleansing. You can follow up with a moisturizer if needed. Rosehip Oil should be stored in the refrigerator.
2. DermaE Very Clear Problem Skin Cleanser ($15.50): A great gentle, nourishing cleanser for acne-prone skin formulated with Tea Tree, Willow Bark, Rosewood, Lavender and Chamomile. Willow bark contains a natural form of salicylic acid, which helps to unclog pores, and Tea Tree Oil is well documented for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that have been used for ages to treat acne and a ton of other skin issues.
3. DermaE Very Clear Problem Skin Moisturizer ($19.50): A gentle moisturizer for the face and body formulated with all the goodies of its cleansing counterpart, and can be used on sensitive and oily skin. I love to use this moisturizer on problem areas on the body such as the chest and back. It helps keep blemishes at bay, clear up any existing blemishes and keep skin hydrated and silky smooth.
Now, since this comes in a jar (still not sure why this doesn’t come in a tube), you’ll want to pick up a plastic or metal spatula (disposable little plastic spatulas are available at any beauty supply store) to dip out of this. You don’t want to dip into your cream with dirty fingers.
4. DermaE Very Clear Spot Blemish Treatment ($11.50): I love this stuff. I keep it in my bag and don’t go anywhere without it. If you were to pick up only one item from the Very Clear Problem Skin line, it should be this one. This works better on my skin than benzoyl peroxide to help clear up blemishes and it doesn’t dry out my skin or aggravate my rosacea. Win!
5. Life-Flo Pure Organic Tamanu Oil ($19.99): Cold-pressed from the Nuts of the South Pacific Tamanu tree, this is an amazing oil for clearing up blemishes FAST! If you don’t believe me, just ask Dr. Oz. Known for its anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, it is used to treat acne, skin rashes, and other skin conditions. If you have sensitive skin, you should patch test BEFORE you use.
To use: you can apply a few drops directly to skin or dilute with other oils or a moisturizer. For those with severe skin conditions, check with your dermatologist before using any new treatments. This stuff has produced dramatic results on my skin. I was amazed at how fast it cleared up existing blemishes and discoloration from old blemishes.
6. DermaE Tea Tree and E Antiseptic Creme ($13.75): I’ve been waiting for the right time to write up a review of this creme. It has become THE most used product in my bathroom and I use it for a host of issues. It’s wonderful as a moisturizer for those with oily skin and it works well as a spot treatment for blemishes. BUT, that’s just the beginning because I use it on mild burns, cuts and it’s an absolute godsend for itchy skin and bug bites. This creme is an absolute must-have for any family. *Received for review consideration
7. Marie Veronique Organics Acne Duet ($150.00): The Treatment Oil restores the lipid barrier and tea tree, lavender, sea buckthorn and pumpkin seed oils kills acne-causing bacteria. The Treatment Serum uses all natural ingredients to balance oil production, kill acne-causing bacteria, and eliminate congested pores without using any benzoyl peroxide, triclosan, waxes or alcohol.
I tried out the Acne Relief Kit ($230) and I was really impressed by how quickly it got my skin under control without the use of any harsh chemicals. For those looking for a comprehensive acne system this is definitely worth checking out. I chose to review the Acne Duet because I found that these two products really stood out within the system, would be the best value for those on a budget, and could be inserted into an existing gentle skin care routine without breaking the bank. *Received for review consideration